The ONE Legian is a new spirit of elegant transformation of the hotel whom previously operating under name The 1O1 Bali Legian (3 Stars Premium) into Four Stars Brand to represent NEW URBAN LEGIAN concept, a One Stop Kuta – Legian Experience, a Self Contain Hotel in the milieu of Kuta.
The “ONE” is inspired from the spirit of Sunrise or Matahari Pagi in Indonesian Language, as beginning of Fresh New day for vibe and active lifestyle. ONE is representing the new day, a new hope, a new dream, a LIGHT at the end of tunnel that every living needs, to pursuit their vision in turning a zero to hero. ONE also represents the strong believe in Balinese culture, Tri Hita Karana and Hindu on their Creator, “The Mighty Siva” known for his Mighty or Mahadeva in sansekrit ancient language, as the centre of every living in the world.
Inspired from The modern Siva (Mahadeva) Religion (now is called as Hindu religion), The Hotel designed its Unique Selling Point through consistent implementation of Tri Hita Karana in daily service and hotel operational philosophy. Tri Hita Karana is a traditional philosophy for life which also known as “Three Reasons for prosperity to achieve harmony” in the Island of Bali, Indonesia.
Tri Hita Karana referred to in the principle of
- Harmony among People (New Urban HOSPITALITY and New Urban BOOKING)
- Harmony with Nature (New Urban DESIGN and New Urban LIVING)
- Harmony with God (New Urban DESIGN and New Urban LIFESTYLE)
The ONE Legian derived Tri Hita Karana from the Balinese spiritualism and beliefs which promotes harmony among fellow human beings despite its different or color through communal cooperation and promoting compassion or TEAM (Together Everyone Achieve Miracle): harmony towards God, manifested golden rule to treat others as you want to be treated for Good Karma (result of your behavior) in delivering Harmony Hospitality for our universal guests; and harmony with their environment, which strife to conserve the nature and promote the sustainability and balance of the environment through energy conservation and Harmony Design by following Indonesian Government Law Enforcement and Rules in security and safety of Hotel Management System.
Tri Hita Karana is credited for The ONE Legian prosperity as a whole, its relatively stable record of development, environmental practiced through Harmony Living and energy conservation and the overall quality of life for the Hotel residents (Guest, employee and Owning company)
The ONE Legian was built from restoration of OLD Building “Matahari” which known as Bali First Mall and Cinema. Matahari was closing the entire operation in early 2000. The Building was then taken over by National Private Bank in Indonesia for Operation until it was closed again. The project of the Hotel restoration and re-building was signed in 2008 with two phase of opening as the following:
- The First Building was named as “The 1O1 Bali Legian”. It was a restoration project and floors expansion from previously known as Old Matahari Building. The First Building under name The 1O1 Bali Legian, with 198 rooms was finished in the beginning 2011. By March 2011, the project was opened for Hotel Dry Run under name The 1O1 Bali Legian offering 198 guestrooms, 1 Swimming Pool, Rooftop Dine & Music Lounge, Spa & Mini Gym etc. This first opening was dedicated for the Main Hotel Facility.
- By October 2011, the Second Building Project which called “New Deluxe Extension” started. The project was a restoration and building extension from Matahari Ground parking and Sport Bar. The project was designed for “considerate Hotel construction hour” as it has operational hours from 09.00 am until 05.00 pm for the convenience of the First Building Guest of The 1O1 Bali Legian. Due to it limited operational hours, The project was considered as slow project and it took 3 years to finish The New Deluxe Extension and servicing as part of The 1O1 Bali Legian.
By August 2014, The second building which known as NEW DELUXE EXTENSION finally merged as part of The 1O1 Bali Legian, A Self Contain Hotel or New Urban Legian with total serving 301 rooms (177 Superior Rooms and 124 Deluxe rooms), Three swimming Pools, 3 Restaurants & Bar, 2 Pool Bar, 1 The Spa with Mini Gym, Concierge & Transport service, ATM and Currency Exchange, Daily FUN F&B Activities, Three times a week SKY POOL Party, 2 Meeting Rooms and spacious Outdoor Function areas.
Along with the finishing of the NEW URBAN LEGIAN As a self Contain Hotel in Kuta with most completed facility to be offered towards the guests, the Hotel finally received the official rating as four (4) stars Hotel Category by PHRI (Perhimpunan Hotel dan Restoran Indonesia), an Eligible Foundation on Hotels & Restaurants Rating in Indonesia.